Library Policies and Procedures
Computer & Internet Use Policies:
There is an Acceptable Use Policy that governs the use of the library computers. It appears the first time you log on to our computers. By accepting this policy, users agree to abide by the rules set by the system.
Computer users may not allow other persons to access the library network by using his/her personal library barcode. A user is responsible for all activities conducted on the Internet during sessions authorized by his/her personal library barcode.
Inappropriate use of the computers may result in suspension of use for a period of time.
Library users under 18 years of age must have parental or legal guardian consent by signature in order to access the Internet on Frankford Public Library computers.
- Library materials are checked out for three weeks and may be renewed for another three weeks unless a hold has been placed by another user. DVDs are checked out for one week. All loan periods may be shortened for heavy demand items.
- Fines for all materials except DVDs and videos are 10 cents a day for each day items are late.
- Fines for DVDs and videos are $1.00 a day for each day items are late.
- Fees for damaged or lost items will be charged to the card on which they were checked out.
- If you cannot find a particular title, please ask for assistance. If our library does not own it, we will be glad to borrow it from another library in our consortium or outside of the state.
- There is a library returns box in the parking lot. You may return all materials in this EXCEPT DVDs and CDs. There is a DVD & CD drop in the library's rear door.
- When library fines exceed $5.00, users may not check out more materials or use the computers until fees are paid.
- Sent and Received faxes cost $1.00 per page.
- Black & white photocopies cost 25 cents per page.Color Photocopies and 2 sides copies cost 50 cents per page
- Black & white prints from public access computers costs 15 cents per page. Color prints from computers are 25 cents per page.